As parents, you want your children to have the best chance at a healthy and bright future, while feeling confident in themselves along the way. Their oral health and teeth alignment play a big part in their ideal future. Investing in braces for your child coincides with investing in their future, confidence, and health! It doesn’t matter if they’re 9-years-old or a teenager – braces for your kids and teens will benefit their future just the same.
Health Benefits of Braces
The benefits of braces go way beyond straight teeth, a pretty smile, and confidence. Those benefits are really great, don’t get us wrong, but your child’s oral health is our number one priority! Misaligned teeth can lead to several oral health problems, including:
- Difficulty in biting and chewing
- Speech impairments
- Increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease
Braces for your kids and teens play a vital role in aligning teeth and reduce the likelihood of facing any of these issues!
Not only will braces straighten up those pearly whites, they will guide the growth and development of the jaw. Dealing with underbites, overbites, and crossbites can be very uncomfortable, and braces can correct that problem! By ensuring that the upper and lower jaws meet correctly, your child’s overall oral function will be improved and the risk of jaw problems (and discomfort) will be prevented.
Aesthetic Benefits of Braces
Your kid is learning how to navigate the world and understand who they are – which can be a scary and weird time. Their self-esteem can be fragile, and understandably so! Misaligned teeth can negatively impact a teenager’s self-confidence, which can ultimately lead to social anxiety and even leak into affecting their academic performance. By investing in braces, you, as a parent, can provide your child with the opportunity to enhance their self-esteem – resulting in improved overall well-being!
Building their confidence up is crucial to building their bright future. A beautiful smile not only contributes to their appearance, but also creates positive first impressions – having lasting effects on their personal relationships and future professional opportunities.
Know Your Kids’ Braces Options
At Lincoln Orthodontics, we offer two options for braces with brackets. They are both great and effective types of orthodontic treatment, so whatever you and your child decide on, they will get their dream smile in the end. No matter what!
- Metal Braces (a classic choice): Metal braces have been around for a very long time, but our metal braces have a modern twist. While they continue to be metal brackets with a metal archwire that is threaded through the brackets, they are not as bulky and uncomfortable as they used to be. These are not your mom’s braces. We offer a smaller and more comfortable option of metal braces. Sleeker brackets and lighter wires make a huge difference in the appearance and feel of metal braces, and cause less irritation! This option is great for your kid or teenager if they want to take a more traditional route. They are still our most popular choice because of their durability and years of proven success to back them up.
- Ceramic Braces (a less visible option): Ceramic braces, also known as clear braces, feature clear and durable brackets that are meant to blend with the color of your teeth. They are lightweight and smooth, with rounded edges for comfort. Our team here at Lincoln Orthodontics believes that ceramic braces are the perfect choice if your kid or teenager wants a more subtle braces option. They work the same as metal braces and even have the same size and shape as metal brackets. They are designed to blend in with your child’s smile, but keep in mind that they are still braces and won’t be completely invisible!
- Our ceramic braces are LightForce, custom printed tooth-covered braces. These 3D printed clear braces are fully personalized and customized to your kid’s individual tooth anatomy, bite, and treatment goals.
At Lincoln Orthodontics, metal braces and ceramic braces cost the same to our patients. We want you and your child’s decision to be based on what you want aesthetically, not the cost. While the cost for either is the same, the cost of your kiddo’s treatment plan will look different than someone else’s, as the treatment fees vary depending on the complexity of your orthodontic treatment. Dr. Willett will create a customized, individual treatment plan made just for them! And don’t worry – we offer flexible payment plans and will work with you to find ways to accommodate your budget!
Set Your Kids Up For Success
Investing in braces for your kids and teenagers is not just about achieving a straighter smile, it’s about setting them up for a lifetime of oral health and self-confidence. By addressing orthodontic concerns early on, you can provide your children with an opportunity to correct misalignments, improve their overall oral function, and prevent potential complications in the future. Give your child or teen a reason to smile more freely and set up a free consultation at Lincoln Orthodontics by calling (402) 489-8841.