We know that the cost of braces deters some from giving their teeth the care they deserve. It’s easy to put orthodontic care on the back burner to make room for other things. Luckily, at Lincoln Orthodontics, we care about your confidence and your budget. We’ll be honest with you about the cost of braces making the process inclusive with no surprise charges, will work with you to form a payment plan, and will navigate filing for insurance benefits so you can boost your confidence and stress less.
Invest in Yourself and Your Confidence By Investing in Braces
Rather than looking at braces as a financial burden, think of them as an investment in yourself and your confidence. While having straight teeth doesn’t define your self-worth, nor should it, straight teeth can help improve your self-esteem. If the way your teeth look bothers you, is it time to take the steps to ease your mind?
Braces are More than Aesthetics
Braces have benefits that go beyond straight teeth.
- They improve the alignment of your teeth, which can lead to better bite function and prevent further dental problems down the road. Misaligned teeth can cause various issues, including difficulty biting and chewing, jaw pain, and even tooth loss.
- They help to eliminate spaces and overlaps between teeth that can trap plaque and bacteria, leading to tooth decay and gum disease. This reduces the risk of bacteria build up.
- They have the ability to reshape the jaw. By realigning the jaw, braces can help to alleviate pain, discomfort, and even headaches caused by dysfunction of the jaw joint.
- They work on the fit, form, and function of oral tissues.
Cost of Braces
Seeing the full cost of braces as a whole amount might be discouraging, but let’s think of them as a long-term investment. Our office has payment plans that we can tweak for your individual circumstances and your budget. Don’t let the cost scare you – let us help! It’s important to remember that each patient’s orthodontic needs are different and the cost will vary depending on a number of factors like complexity, estimated time, coordination with dentists and other specialists, etc. The best way to get an accurate estimate is to schedule a free consultation. When determining the cost of treatment, some of the things we consider are:
- Orthodontic problems that need corrected
- How long braces will be needed
- The main treatment goals
- If the patient has dental insurance and whether it covers orthodontics
- Coordination between our office and your dentist’s office for special or complex cases
- Patients with unique braces-related bite correction appliances needed (ie, Forsus, Herbst, or similar lab-fabricated products)
- Custom appliances when needed for the best outcome or patient preference
There are a few ways to make braces more affordable and cost-effective. Here’s what we recommend to ease some of the financial stress of getting braces:
- Work with an orthodontic team that offers financing options, like Lincoln Orthodontics. This makes it easier to pay for the cost of braces over time.
- Consider timing. Some problems are actually easier (and then more cost-effective) to treat in phases, like address major issues while baby teeth are still present and minor issues when all permanent teeth are in to do “fine tuning”.
- If you have multiple children who need braces, it may be more cost-effective to have them all treated at the same time.
- Think long-term. While the initial cost may be more than you want to shell out, braces can help to improve your oral health and prevent future dental problems, which can save you money in the long run.
It’s also important to remember that at Lincoln Orthodontics, the cost of braces includes everything needed from the beginning of treatment, to the end. What’s included in the price:
- All appointments (including emergencies)
- Braces or aligners, wires, colored, ties, elastics
- First set of retainers (bonded and removable) and replacement retainers within first year if damaged from normal wear and tear
- 3D printed models of final tooth positions
- All necessary records (3D xray, photos, tooth models, 3D models)
- Planned post-treatment follow-up visits
- Oral hygiene starter pack: two toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss threaders, floss, and timer
The general range of cost for a child to get braces can be anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500 for a first phase of treatment, and may be $2,000 to $6,000 before insurance discounts for full or comprehensive treatment. Adult treatment can also be simple and could range between $1000 to $2,500, but if the treatment is more complex or takes longer, then it could be as much as $6,000. The total cost will ultimately depend on the patients needs and any other factors mentioned above.
Are there different types of orthodontic treatment?
Yes. At Lincoln Orthodontics, we offer many different options for orthodontic care; metal braces and ceramic braces are two of them.
Metal braces are our most popular choice for our patients in need of braces treatment. They are strong, durable, and continue to be the top form of treatment for orthodontic patients everywhere. Metal braces consist of:
- Metal brackets
- Metal archwire
- Orthodontic bands
- Elastics (if needed for bite correction)
Ceramic braces are another treatment option we offer at Lincoln Orthodontics. An overview of ceramic braces:
- Clear, ceramic brackets
- Similar dimension to metal brackets
- Typically paired with clear or white wires
- Less conspicuous/visible
- O-rings that are clear
- Elastics (if needed for bite correction)
The look on a patient’s teeth, durability, and materials they are made with are what separates metal and ceramic braces. We want you to choose the treatment option that will fit your lifestyle best. If you’re happy, we’re happy. We’re here to give you a smile you love and feel confident in, with braces or without braces. Enjoy the process by picking the treatment option recommended by your orthodontist that you feel most secure in.
You’ve decided you want to get braces. Now what?
The first step after deciding you want braces is to give us a call at (402) 489-8841 or by heading to our free consultation page to schedule with Dr. Willett. During that consultation, you will chat with Dr. Willett to get a general idea of the treatment you are needing, what your insurance plan covers, and what financing options are available for you. Dr. Willett and her team will outline everything included in the treatment plan before ever beginning the active phase of the orthodontic process. At Lincoln Orthodontics, we want to give you the best possible experience and treatment, and that means being upfront and honest.
What payment options are offered at Lincoln Orthodontics?
We offer easy and flexible payment and financing options, regardless of if you’re insured or not. We want our patients to stay within their budget so they can look forward to their new smiles, without anxiety about the cost and navigating insurance.
For patients without insurance, we accept:
- No interest, easy financing with affordable monthly payments
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover payments
- Automatic monthly payments scheduled for your convenience
- Third-party financing through Care Credit
For patients with insurance, we are happy to communicate with your orthodontic insurance company to:
- Check orthodontic insurance benefits
- Submit orthodontic claims*
- Receive payment directly from the insurance company, therefore reducing the amount you pay upfront
*NOTE: We only submit to primary insurance. However, we will provide you with the documents you need to submit to a secondary insurance carrier.
We understand that the cost of braces can be a concern for many people, but there are a variety of options available to make them more affordable. With a little bit of planning, you can achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Don’t let financial worry hold you back from getting the treatment you need! If you’ve been considering braces, take the next step towards a healthier, happier you by setting up a free consultation with Dr. Willett at Lincoln Orthodontics. Call (402) 489-8841.