No matter your age, feeling self-conscious isn’t ideal, especially about your teeth. When you’re younger, braces are a common go-to orthodontic treatment to get things straightened out. As an adult though, braces may not be your first choice, or even a choice at all, because of how they look or feel. We totally understand! But don’t let this prevent you from receiving orthodontic treatment to create the smile you’ve always dreamed of. At Lincoln Orthodontics in Lincoln, Nebraska, we offer Invisalign, a clear choice to your teeth-straightening needs. Along with flexible payment plans, help navigating insurance, and always giving you the best orthodontic care.
Invisalign… What’s that?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that works to align your teeth. Invisalign is a clear aligner made of smooth, flexible plastic that won’t irritate the inside of your mouth. No wiring is needed either! The clear plastic appears as if there is almost nothing on your teeth while it works to improve your smile. They’re worn over the teeth and are designed to gradually move the teeth into the desired position.The aligners are removable, which means no food restrictions! Take them out to eat and drink, then brush your teeth before popping them back in. It’s that easy! Now let’s talk about the Invisalign process at Lincoln Orthodontics.
The Clear Process
Invisalign treatment usually lasts on average about 9 to 15 months, but every patient’s case is different, and at Lincoln Orthodontics we will discuss your individual timeline with you. Typically, an Invisalign process looks this:
- Receive a comprehensive orthodontic exam from Dr. Willett
- Take 3D X-rays to assess where your teeth and jaw are presently
- Airway assessment to determine the possible impact of orthodontic treatment
- Take a digital scan of your teeth with our intraoral scanner to create a 3-D image of your mouth
- Review the expected treatment outcomes with a treatment simulator
- Depending on your approval, Dr. Willett will then use that information to create a unique treatment plan made just for you
- Custom-fit Invisalign aligners will be manufactured
- Begin the process of straightening your teeth with Invisalign!
Keep in mind, the average Invisalign treatment takes around 1 year, but each person’s treatment needs vary, so the exact timeline will be laid out for you at your appointment.
Trays should be worn for about 22 hours each day to gradually achieve alignment, bite correction, space closure, or whatever your custom treatment goals are. Trays should only be taken out when eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth.
An Adult-Friendly Option
At Lincoln Orthodontics, we do our very best to dispel the misconception that because some patients are in their adult years that orthodontic treatments won’t work for them. Most people do not realize that it is common for teeth and jaws to still move around during adulthood, even if there were previous orthodontic corrections or treatments. So when you’re seeking to improve your smile, your jaw alignment, or misaligned teeth, remember that no matter how old you are, it’s never too late to begin orthodontic treatment! And it’s okay to want to be discreet about it. Where Invisalign comes in:
- Your mouth won’t be full of metal and wires, and you won’t feel like a teenager again just because you’re taking steps to have the smile you want and deserve.
- With Invisalign, you won’t even notice them on your teeth due to their near invisibility.
- We believe that our adult patients place a higher value on Invisalign’s convenience.
- Adults are likely to wear their trays as prescribed and stay consistent with the treatment.
- Dr. Willett and our team will work hard to make sure you understand all the options and get the best treatment plan for the development of your smile.
Advantages of Invisalign
Regardless of which orthodontic treatment you decide on at Lincoln Orthodontics, there are advantages to every option. Here are are the benefits of choosing Invisalign aligners:
- Clear and virtually invisible: Invisalign aligners are made of a clear, thermoplastic material that is virtually invisible when worn, making them a more aesthetic option, or for people who don’t want or enjoy the look of traditional braces.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene during treatment.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic, making them more comfortable than traditional braces, and cause less soreness in the mouth.
- Fewer office visits: Invisalign treatment typically requires fewer trips to the orthodontist than metal braces, as the aligners are changed frequently.
- Customized treatment: Invisalign treatment is tailored to each individual patient, with custom-made aligners that are designed to gradually move the teeth into the desired position.
- Treats a variety of dental issues such as underbite, overbite, crossbite, gaps, open bite, and crowding.
- No metal in your mouth!
Cost of Invisalign
At Lincoln Orthodontics, we do our very best to provide you with quality care and treatment while working with you and your family’s budget. For this reason, we offer our treatments, including Invisalign, at the same price as braces! The cost difference for treatment is therefore dependent on the complexity of treatment rather than what is used to get the job done. We want our patients to choose their treatment based on their personal aesthetic and functional goals and not have to decide based on the cost of the materials themselves.
Invisalign is a comfortable, virtually invisible, and fast way to straighten your teeth. If braces don’t seem like the option for you, Invisalign is a clear way to go! Start your journey by scheduling a free consultation with Dr. Willett and take the first step towards the confident smile you deserve. Our experienced, compassionate, and helpful team here at Lincoln Orthodontics will be more than happy to go over all of the details with you. Call (402) 489-8841 today.