We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment at Lincoln Orthodontics will consist of a thorough orthodontic examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 60-minute visit will give Dr. Willett and Dr. Harre insight into your orthodontic needs. Diagnostic records may be necessary for a thorough evaluation at this first visit. These records may include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. If these records are taken at this appointment, there will be no charge to you. During the initial orthodontic examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
If at all possible, we will discuss treatment options, financial options and time frames at this appointment. We want to be certain that our patients have a clear understanding of their specific needs so we are happy to answer any questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.