If you’ve been ruminating over whether or not you should get braces, chances are you’ve probably wondered if braces are actually worth your time, money, and effort – and that’s completely valid. We can’t make that decision for you, but we can give you the facts and reasons why braces are worth it in the long run. We can also help you prepare for beginning your braces journey, so you’re less overwhelmed and anxious about moving forward with this big decision. And it all begins with a low-pressure, stress-free consultation with Dr. Willett.
What To Expect At Your Braces Consultation
Our first order of business is to make you feel at home when you walk into Lincoln Orthodontics. Once you get to know the team and your way around the office, we’ll officially begin your free, new patient consultation. These are scheduled for up to one hour and we’ll make it as quick and painless as possible, we promise! We’ll do a 3D X-ray (CBCT), take photos, and then Dr. Willett will give you an oral exam to get to know your teeth! Dr. Willett will then go over your oral health records, while making sure your questions and concerns are answered and validated. After we get a general idea of your treatment plan, we’ll dive into your payment options. We never want you to deny yourself treatment because of the cost, so we’ll work with you to find a financial plan that works for you! We want you to have all the information you need to make the best decision for your smile.
Importance of Braces Consultations (And Braces in General)
Braces consultations are a vital part of the orthodontic process. It helps ensure that you receive the absolute best possible treatment plan for your specific needs and it allows you to communicate your wants and needs. Not only is it the first step towards your dream smile, it also provides an opportunity for Dr. Willett to evaluate your oral health.
The well-being of your teeth is very, very important. Misaligned teeth can cause a lot of oral health problems, including gum disease, tooth decay, and even tooth loss. By getting a free braces consultation and following through with braces treatment, you can reduce the risk of these issues. On that note, misaligned teeth can also cause bite problems. You don’t have to struggle with discomfort, difficulty eating, or speech problems. Braces can correct your bite and make it easier to eat, speak, and live comfortably – and you deserve that!
Not only do braces have the potential to save the life of your teeth, they will boost your confidence tremendously. Getting braces can be life-changing! No longer worrying about what your teeth look like can take a huge weight off of your shoulders and can give you the confidence to show off your pearly whites and speak up in social situations – you also deserve that! It’s our job at Lincoln Orthodontics to help you achieve the smile and confidence you’ve always wanted.
Know Your Braces Options
When it comes to braces treatment at Lincoln Orthodontics, we have options. And we mean a lot of options! You’re bound to find a treatment choice that fits all of your aesthetic, medical, and lifestyle needs! Here’s what we’ve got going on for braces at Lincoln Orthodontics:
- Metal Braces: A classic braces option. Long lasting, durable, metal brackets with metal archwire that is threaded through the brackets with hooks, orthodontic bands, o-rings, and elastics – if needed for bite correction.
- Ceramic Braces: A clear braces option. Durable, clear brackets that are meant to blend with the color of your teeth. Similar in dimension to metal brackets, but are less visible. Come with clear o-rings, and elastics – again, if needed for bite correction.
- InBrace: A new, truly invisible braces option. InBrace® lingual braces use a Smartwire®, which is applied to the back of your teeth. You can start seeing results in just weeks! Lincoln Orthodontics is the only place in the city where InBrace is currently offered.
- Lightforce Ceramic Braces: A brand new braces option. Created as a clear braces choice, but has the customization of aligners, and the lifestyle and efficiency of braces. 3D printed and custom to your teeth, mouth, and treatment plan.
Post Braces Consultation Care
Now that you’re practically an expert at braces and braces consultations, we want to continue setting you up for success by touching on what happens after your braces consultation. If you decide to move forward with treatment, you’re officially part of our fam and we want to give you all the tips and tricks for your new braces.. We’re confident that once you see how fast the process is and how easy it is to take care of your braces, you’ll realize you never had much to worry about in the first place! Here are five simple things to know when your teeth are no longer bracket-free:
- Brush 3 times a day with a slightly different technique than you’re used to. Angle your brush, take extra time while brushing, and make sure you hit your gums.
- Use a mirror and floss daily or use a water flosser at the very least!
- Rinse your mouth after every snack or meal to help loosen debris stuck in your braces.
- Avoid sticky and tough treats such as: sticky candy, nuts, popcorn, corn chips, tough meat, raw fruits & veggies, and bagels.
- Visit Lincoln Orthodontics regularly to get check-ups for your braces.
Ready to Brace Yourself for a Consultation?So, we’ve laid all the facts and information out for you, and now it’s time for you to make your decision regarding braces! Are you ready to take the leap? Have we convinced you that braces are worth your time, money, and effort? If you answered yes, visit Dr. Willett at Lincoln Orthodontics to schedule a free braces consultation. Call (402) 489-8841 to schedule. We would love to meet you and get started.