Imagine this: straight teeth, an aligned bite, confidence, and comfortability showing off a seemingly perfect smile. Have you ever wished that was you? You’re not alone. A radiant smile is often considered one of the most desired and valuable features! Unfortunately, for many, achieving that may require orthodontic intervention, and frequently prompts a common question: Are the cost of braces really worth it?
Two Things Can Be True At Once
As an orthodontic office, we may be biased when it comes to answering that question. But, rest assured, Lincoln Orthodontics in Lincoln, Nebraska takes pride in always being honest, real, and understanding. While we do believe braces are 110% worth it, we also believe that the cost may not be feasible for some. Two things can be true at once, right? If a smile transformation comes at a price – can the cost of braces also be a priceless investment in your oral health and confidence, too?
Benefits of Braces Beyond Aesthetics
It’s easy to get so caught up in the cost and “look” of a perfect smile that we forget what the most important benefits are.
- Straight teeth play a crucial role in oral health. You heard that right! Misaligned teeth can lead to various dental issues including tooth decay, gum disease, difficulty chewing, stress on the jaw joint, pain, and discomfort.
- Misaligned teeth can impact your speech. It sounds crazy, we know – but it’s true! Certain words or sounds may be more difficult to articulate, leading to speech impediments and unclear speech.
- A confident smile can have a positive effect on your personal relationships and professional success. When you feel secure and good about yourself, it rubs off on the rest of the aspects of your life! Studies have shown that people who are satisfied with their smile tend to report higher levels of overall well-being and happiness.
- If you love your teeth, you’ll smile more. This one might seem obvious, but it’s a great reminder. Comfortability and confidence in your smile will make you want to show off those pearly whites. Holding back laughs or smiles because you dislike your teeth is no way to live. You deserve to laugh, smile, and be happy – and more often!
Cost of Braces Without a Sugarcoat
Now, let’s get to the specifics. Talking about the actual cost of braces isn’t fun – but bare with us. We have options available for you.
The general range of cost for a child to get braces can be anywhere from $800 to $2,500 for the first phase of treatment. Comprehensive or phase 2 treatment for teens or adults ranges on average from $4500-$7000, depending on the complexity of treatment and prior to any applicable insurance or friends/family discounts. Adult treatment may be less expensive than assumed, depending on the goals determined by you, Dr. Willett, and your dentist. There are insurance discounts, family discounts, or pay-in-full discounts that may also apply.
With both children and adults, the total cost will ultimately depend on your orthodontic needs. If your treatment is more complex or will take longer, this will increase the cost of your braces. But – everything is included in the cost. All appointments, braces, wires, the first set of removable and bonded retainers and replacement retainers if from general wear or defect after treatment is done, 3D models of final tooth positions, all necessary records, and planned post-treatment follow-up visits.
There will never be surprise costs. And, if you don’t have orthodontic insurance, we still have budget-friendly payment options for you to consider.
For patients without insurance, we accept:
- No interest, easy financing with affordable monthly payments
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover payments
- Automatic monthly payments scheduled for what works best for you
- Third-party financing through Care Credit
For patients with insurance, we are happy to communicate with your insurance company to:
- Request your orthodontic insurance benefits coverage
- Submit orthodontic claims, if you have primary insurance. For secondary insurance carriers, we will provide you with all of the documents you need to submit to a secondary insurance carrier.
- Receive payment directly from the insurance company – reducing the amount you pay upfront
We Have Many Orthodontic Treatment Options:
- Metal Braces
- Clear, Ceramic Braces
- LightForce Ceramic Braces
- Invisalign for children, teens, and adults
We know you deserve to smile with confidence. Do you?
A confident smile can light up a room. Confidence in your smile can light up your life. When the cost of braces is viewed in a comprehensive light, it no longer seems like an impractical decision but rather an investment in your well-being and quality of life!
Schedule a free consultation at Lincoln Orthodontics by calling (402) 489-8841. We can’t wait to see you!