Orthodontic Treatment: Modern or Metal?
- April 13, 2023
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, you have options! With modern or metal, Lincoln Orthodontics has you covered. We want you to know that your dream smile is possible, and you should never settle for an orthodontic treatment that doesn’t work with your preferences, lifestyle, budget, or aesthetic desires.
The Orthodontic Treatment Process
Getting orthodontic treatment should be easy and breezy! At Lincoln Orthodontics, we aren’t going to complicate something that is pretty straightforward. We’ll be honest with you from the get-go, be by your side every step of the way, and make sure you are receiving top-notch orthodontic care.
First thing’s first: you’ll schedule your free consultation with Dr. Willett, so we can begin working toward the smile you deserve. A free consultation consists of an oral exam, 3D X-ray (CBCT), and photos. Dr. Willett will review things thoroughly and will go over her recommendation for your orthodontic treatment. If she recommends treatment, we’ll go over your financial and payment plan options, keeping your budget in mind! When we’ve determined the plan and the financial arrangement you’re comfortable with, we’ll begin your treatment! Final destination: perfect teeth!
The Modern Treatment: Options
Advancements in technology have helped us to come a long way in the world of orthodontic treatment. What used to be a one-choice-wonder, has now turned into options for everyone! No metal? No problem! Here are some metal-free, orthodontic treatment options that will fit your modern needs:
- Clear, Ceramic Braces: A clear braces option. These durable and ceramic braces are similar to metal braces, but are designed to be less noticeable on your teeth. They come with clear elastics (if needed for bite correction).
- InBrace® Lingual Braces: A truly invisible treatment choice. A Smartwire is applied to the back of your teeth and works to straighten your teeth “behind the scenes.”
- Lightforce Ceramic Braces: A new kind of braces. This new technology was created as a clear braces option, but with the customization of aligners, and the lifestyle and efficiency of braces. These braces are 3D printed and custom to your teeth, mouth, and treatment plan.
- Invisalign for adults, teens, and kids: A clear, acrylic aligner. These aligners are designed just for you, and can be taken out to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
The Classic Treatment: Metal Braces
We can’t forget about the classic – metal braces. It may seem like these are a thing of the past, but we promise you they aren’t! Metal braces are a durable, metal orthodontic treatment option that you can rely on. It’s understandable to want to try all the shiny, new treatment options, and believe us – we know they are great! But metal braces are a tried-and-true method of teeth straightening, so don’t feel like you have to put them on the back burner or forget about them completely. This type of braces are long-lasting and have years of proven success to back them up. Sleek brackets, lightweight wires, and colorful elastic options; now that’s a modern take on an old-school kind of treatment.
Different Orthodontic Treatment = Same Cost At Lincoln Orthodontics
At Lincoln Orthodontics, we want you to choose the best orthodontic treatment option for you. We don’t want you to feel obligated to pick a treatment that won’t work for you just because of the cost! Which is why all of our orthodontic treatment options are exactly the same price – braces, Inbrace, and Invisalign.
Many people ask us, “How much do braces cost?” There’s no straightforward answer to this question before a free consultation because each patient’s orthodontic needs are different. When we are determining the cost of treatment, some of the things we consider are:
- The complexity of the orthodontic issues that need correcting
- How long treatment will be needed
- Treatment goals
- If the patient has dental insurance, whether it covers orthodontics, and filing assistance
- Coordination between our office and your dentist’s office or other specialists for special or complex cases
- Unique braces-related bite correction appliances needed (ie, Forsus, Herbst, or similar lab-fabricated products)
We make it our goal to help our patients find financial solutions that meet their needs, as much as possible. Which is why we also offer payment plans. We will always make sure you are aware of all costs with no hidden fees, from your first visit to the last, so you can make the best decision for you and your family.
Choose Lincoln Orthodontics for Orthodontic Treatment
At Lincoln Orthodontics, there will never be a shortage of orthodontic treatment options. You’ll find choices here that may not be offered anywhere else! With five different types of treatment, you’re bound to find something that you love and that fits right in with your needs. To start the process for treatment, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Willett right here on our website or by calling (402) 489-8841. We look forward to meeting you, getting to know you and your orthodontic treatment needs, and making your smile dreams come true. See you soon!