Payment Plans for Braces: A Step-by-Step Guide
- March 7, 2023
Have you ever felt less than proud, confident, or happy with your smile? Have you thought about getting braces but were unsure of the steps it would take or how much it would cost and if anyone has payment plans for braces? Researching the answers to those questions can be a little overwhelming. Luckily, at Lincoln Orthodontics, we’ve decided to create a step-by-step guide for you to ease some of that uneasiness. Sit back, relax, and stay a while! Here you’ll find the answers to all of your questions in one place. Your future smile is possible! And payment plans for braces are available, so you can feel proud, confident, and happy about not only your smile, but your finances too.
Step One: Find an Experienced Orthodontist
Technically, deciding you wanted braces was the first phase in your plan for braces. So kudos to you for already taking the first step, all on your own! The next thing you need to do is find an orthodontist that is board-certified, experienced, and fits your orthodontic treatment needs (cough, cough Dr. Willett). When you receive treatment at Lincoln Orthodontics, we work hard to provide you with the best and most advanced orthodontic care. You can rest easy knowing we’ll always have your back. We’ll be honest with you from the start – which means no surprise charges! We’ll work with you to form a payment plan for braces and will help navigate submitting your (sometimes tricky) insurance forms. So let’s get started!
Step Two: Schedule a Free Consultation
Your next step toward getting braces and setting up a payment plan is to schedule a free consultation with Lincoln Orthodontics. Our free, new patient consultations are scheduled for an hour. They include a 3D X-ray (CBCT), photos, and an oral exam by Dr. Willett. Dr. Willett will then go over the patient’s records and her recommendations for treatment with the patient. Then we will present financial options for what Dr. Willett recommends, including no-interest payment plans, so that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision about your smile.
Here are a few ways you can can schedule your free consultation with us:
- Call our office at (402) 489-8841
- Schedule a free consultation online
With our easy scheduling, you can select an option below and pick a day and time that works for you. We’ll email you to confirm your first free consultation submission and schedule your appointment at the same time. We’re here to help you get the orthodontic results you deserve!
Step Three: Choose Your Treatment
At Lincoln Orthodontics, you’ll be able to choose your orthodontic treatment. This way, you’ll be able to pick which braces (metal or clear) or if aligners better fit your lifestyle, treatment, and aesthetic goals! To make it even easier for you and your future braces payment plan – all of the braces types, like traditional metal, Invisalign aligners, and ceramic braces are the same cost. However, just like every person is different, every smile and treatment plan is unique! Treatment time, treatment difficulty, insurance, unique bite corrections, and overall treatment goals can affect or change the cost of braces overall. But don’t stress! Like we said, Lincoln Orthodontics has your back. We’ll make sure you are aware of these differences and explain the reasoning behind them. (Hint: We will ensure you will get your dream smile!)
Alright, if we’ve convinced you so far. Let’s talk about options, we have several. Here are three different options to consider for braces:
- Metal Braces: Long lasting, durable, metal brackets with metal archwire that is threaded through the brackets with hooks, orthodontic bands, o-rings, and elastics (if needed for bite correction).
- Clear Ceramic Braces: Durable, clear brackets that are meant to blend with the color of your teeth. They are similar in dimension to metal brackets, but are less visible. They come with clear o-rings, and elastics (again, if needed for bite correction).
- We offer fully-custom 3D printed Lightforce ceramic brackets. This technology increases efficiency and maximizes outcomes!
- InBrace®: A new, truly invisible type of braces treatment. InBrace® lingual braces use a Smartwire®, which is applied to the back of your teeth. You can start seeing results in just weeks! Lincoln Orthodontics is the only place in the city where InBrace is currently offered.
Once you decide on which treatment option you would like to straighten up your teeth, you’re ready to move on to the next step!
Step Four: What’s Included in the Cost
Now, let’s get into what is included in the total cost for your treatment. And remember, everything needed from the beginning of treatment to the end is included in this cost. Here’s what your braces payment plan covers:
- All appointments (including emergencies!)
- Braces, wires, colored ties, elastics
- First set of retainers (bonded and removable) and replacement retainers within the first year if damaged from normal wear and tear
- 3D printed models of final tooth positions
- All necessary records (3D X-ray, photos, tooth models, 3D printed models)
- Planned post-treatment follow-up visits
- Oral hygiene starter pack: two toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss threaders, floss, and timer
The general range of cost for a child to get braces can be anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500 for a first phase of treatment, and may be $2,000 to $6,000 before insurance discounts for full or comprehensive treatment. Adult treatment can also be simple and could range between $1000 to $2,500, but if the treatment is more complex or takes longer, than it could be as much as $6,000. The total cost will ultimately depend on the patient’s needs and any other factors mentioned above, but there are never surprises and you’ll know the total amount from the start.
Step Five: Payment Plans For Braces Options
If you’re ready for braces, we can help you check your dental and orthodontic insurance benefits first. While your insurance plan may not offer orthodontics coverage, it’s worth checking to see if it will cover any part of the treatment. Regardless of if you’re insured or not, we offer payment plans for braces that will allow you to spread out the cost of treatment into monthly payments over a period of time. We also accept CareCredit if that fits your needs. You can trust that we will be straight up with you about your treatment and the costs!
Our goal is to help our patients get the smile they have always dreamed of by providing high-quality care and services, as well as make the payment and financing options as easy and flexible as possible. Your budget matters to us and we will do our absolute best to create a payment plan that is feasible for you.
For patients without insurance, we offer:
- No-interest, easy financing with affordable monthly payments
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover accepted
- Automatic monthly payments scheduled for your convenience
- Third-party financing through CareCredit
For patients with insurance, we are happy to communicate on your behalf with your orthodontic insurance company to:
- Check orthodontic insurance benefits
- Submit orthodontic claims*
- Receive payment directly from the insurance company, thereby reducing the amount you pay upfront
*NOTE: We only submit to primary insurance. However, we will provide you with the documents you need to submit to a secondary insurance carrier.
Final Step: Take the Leap Towards Braces
At Lincoln Orthodontics, we’ll be there for you every step of the way! We know that braces can be an investment, but the results are worth it. Especially when you choose to receive treatment at Lincoln Orthodontics. You’ll have a whole team of positive people providing you with exceptional care and helping to craft payment plans for braces that fits YOUR needs and budget. If you’re ready to take the final step towards braces, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Willett by calling (402) 489-8841. We look forward to meeting you and giving you a picture-perfect smile!