It’s always been said that quality is better than quantity. At Lincoln Orthodontics, we believe that the same can be said for orthodontic treatment! We’re sure you’ve heard of at-home aligners, and it’s easy to be swayed into choosing an online option over a real orthodontist. We understand the temptation – these options are convenient. They don’t require you to schedule appointments or make a trip to the orthodontist. It may seem like a dream come true, but with a real orthodontist like Dr. Willett, comes real education, real training, real compassion, and real results that will last.
Dr. Willett Comes with Experience and Credentials
At-home aligner companies may rant and rave about the orthodontic expertise they offer, and we can’t confirm nor deny that claim. But we do know one thing for sure: they aren’t Dr. Willett. When it comes to orthodontic care, Dr. Willett continues to exceed expectations, set new standards for orthodontic treatment, and redefine what it means to be a compassionate, intelligent, and personable orthodontist. And she has the experience, credentials, education, and testimonials to prove it!
Dr. Willett’s educational background includes:
- 4 years in undergraduate college
- 4 years of dental school
- 2 ½ years of orthodontic residency (with honors and accolades)
- Current clinical Instructor at UNMC
- Exceeds continuing education requirements by 2x annually
- Regularly attends professional development opportunities and educational courses
- Maintains professional memberships to stay relevant and informed of the latest orthodontic advancements
Orthodontic residency programs are extremely competitive, meaning only the top students in any dental school’s graduating class are accepted. Other orthodontists may have extensive experience, however, only 10% of all orthodontists have achieved the level Dr. Willett has as a Board-Certified Orthodontist. In addition, to maintain her board-certification, she has to be reexamined every 10 years to make sure she is still providing exceptional care and staying up-to-date on advancements in the orthodontic field.
Lincoln Orthodontics is the place to go for modern orthodontic treatment and exceptional care. With Dr. Willett on your side, your oral health will thrive and your smile will be more beautiful than you could’ve ever imagined.
Orthodontic Treatment Made Just for You
Every smile is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. And while at-home aligners may work for some people, they may not work for everyone. Dr. Willett uses her expertise to create personalized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s individual and specific needs by:
- Performing a 3D X-ray (CBCT)
- Taking photos of patient’s mouth and teeth
- Completing a thorough oral exam
- Reviewing patient’s oral records
- Recommendations for orthodontic treatment – and the “why”
Dr. Willett considers all factors, such as:
- The complexity of the orthodontic issues that need correcting
- How long treatment is necessary
- Personal treatment goals
- Whether insurance covers orthodontics (if applicable) and filing assistance
- Coordination between our office and patient’s dentist’s office or other specialists for special or complex cases
- Unique braces-related bite correction appliances needed (such as Forsus, Herbst, or similar lab-fabricated products)
- Long-term health needs and stability factors
At-home aligner kits, on the other hand, rely on a one-size-fits-all approach, which can lead to less effective results and possible complications.
In-Person Appointments: Why They’re Worth It
At Lincoln Orthodontics, we understand that calling to make an appointment and finding a time/date that works on both ends can be a tedious task. We get it – we are all busy people with full schedules, making at-home aligners a more convenient option for some! But a crucial aspect of orthodontic treatment is the ongoing monitoring of progress. To ensure that the teeth are moving according to plan and no complications are arising, it’s important to have regular check-ups with an actual orthodontist (Dr. Willett) in real life. The level of oversight that Dr. Willett can provide is simply not possible with at-home aligners, which lack the professional evaluation needed for safe and effective treatment. Improperly administered orthodontic treatment can lead to a range of complications, including tooth damage, gum recession, and jaw problems. So choose wisely!
Orthodontic Treatment with an Overall Oral Health Focus
Contrary to popular belief, orthodontic treatment isn’t just about achieving a straighter smile! It’s also about maintaining optimal oral health and setting your mouth up for long-term success. Dr. Willett can see the bigger picture, beyond just fixing your teeth, and wants your overall oral well-being to be healthy and happy! At-home aligners may not address bite alignment and jaw problems/pain, but Dr. Willett will.
Complex Cases Call for Complex Measures
While at-home aligners may be suitable for mild cases of misalignment, they are not equipped to handle more complex orthodontic issues. Dr. Willett has the knowledge and training in the latest advancements in orthodontics to address a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Early intervention treatment options
- Adult treatment needs of esthetics, function, and stability
- Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
- Self-ligating Brackets
- Clear Aligners
- Sleep-related Breathing Disorders
- Airway Management
- Functional and developmental assessment and guidance
- Surgical orthodontics
- Non-extraction treatment options
- 3D printed and custom braces and appliances
- Digital scanning and 3D printing
Attempting to treat these complex cases at home can lead to insignificant results and potential oral health risks. Not to mention – Dr. Willett can catch underlying dental issues as well! Gum disease and cavities are just a few of the dental issues she can identify while you receive orthodontic treatment. Left untreated, and incapable of being diagnosed by at-home aligners, these oral health complications can lead to problems that worsen over time. Be safe rather than sorry, and choose Dr. Willett at Lincoln Orthodontics!
Lincoln Orthodontics Has Options Beyond Aligners
We offer aligners and call them by their name: Invisalign. But, aligners aren’t the only orthodontic treatment option available to you when you decide to get orthodontic care from Dr. Willett! Here are other options we offer at Lincoln Orthodontics:
There’s a treatment option for everyone, for every mouth, and for every case no matter how mild or complex. Choose quality over convenience, and schedule a free consultation with Dr. Willett by calling (402) 489-8841 or visit lincoln-orthodontics.com before ordering at-home aligners.